Basics of Immigration DNA
If you or someone in your family is initiating the process to immigrate the United States, DNA testing is a critical step. You may be required to undergo a DNA test may to prove a relationship between petitioner and beneficiary if the U.S. Embassy or USCIS deems evidence (like a birth certificate) insufficient or inconclusive.
ARCpoint Labs of Worcester, MA sends all collections to an AABB accredited laboratory for analysis and results, which is mandated by the United States government and is required for all immigration testing.
Situations that may require DNA testing:
If you are a visa applicant, a Consular Officer may suggest you undergo DNA testing to establish the validity of the relationship(s).
To prove paternity, maternity, siblingship and grandparentage.
Please note you are responsible for all testing related costs. Payment of testing-related expenses must be received in advance. ARCpoint is not responsible for guaranteeing your visa issuance upon official receipt of test results.
Typical Immigration tests:
- Maternity DNA – This test verifies DNA matches in legitimate mother/child relationships.
- Paternity DNA – This test verifies DNA matches in legitimate father/child relationships.
- Kinship DNA – A kinship test identifies legitimate relationship between two or more individuals who claim a biological relationship, e.g. niece or nephew/aunt or uncle, child/grandparent.
ARCpoint Labs of Worcester, MA sends all collections to an AABB accredited laboratory for analysis and results, which is mandated by the United States government and is required for all immigration testing. We recommend consulting with a State Department or embassy representative to verify which relationships meet the immigration criteria for your situation.
The basic information is required to process and schedule DNA testing includes:
- All required government paperwork and documents
- Names of all individuals involved in the test
- Current contact information for all individuals involved
- A postal address or email address where results can be sent
- A valid payment method
When you come to ARCpoint Labs of Worcester, MA, we will follow all the regulated steps to ensure your DNA test will be approved by and accepted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Regardless of where your relatives live, we oversee and coordinate every step of the process to resolve the immigration testing portion of the process.
Learn More About Our Testing Services
For comprehensive & court-admissible DNA testing services, call ARCpoint Labs of Worcester, MA today.